Backing up fast is hard and if not done correctly, dangerous. But with that said it is by far one of the most valuable driving skills to have in a high risk environment.
Some quick points
- Backing up quick – real quick is difficult
- Make sure you can see behind you before bad things happen in front of you.
- Back up around other vehicles is a skill that needs to be learned
- Backing up in a straight line bears no resemblance to backing up around vehicles.
- Backing up in a four door police package vehicle bears no resemblance to backing up in a high center of gravity SUV
- Backing up in a four door police vehicle or high center of gravity SUV bears no resemblance to backing up in a 10,000 pound armored vehicle.
- Screwing up backing up will put you on your roof in a heart beat.