The International Security Driver Association (ISDA) is often asked if we certify instructors, the answer is NO, we certify Security Drivers. There is an instructor certification process that bears my name Tony Scotti, (Scotti Method). This Instructor Certification Program (ICP) is not an ISDA process, but it is no different than any other real certification, as it requires a test of knowledge and skill plus experience. Unlike the ISDA Security Driver certification process, instructor experience is not only measured in years but is also measured by training programs conducted.
To alleviate any confusion, all Instructor Certification Programs are managed and conducted by the Vehicle Dynamics Institute (VDI). The population of ICP Instructors is small, very small, and found only at VDI.
There is an ISDA connection to the Instructors Certification Program (ICP). VDI is the only training program that is authorized (and has the capability) to use the “Scotti Method”/ICP to conduct the skills portion of the ISDA Certification process. The end result is, using the ICP process, they can verify that a student’s skill has been objectively tested and measured to a documented standard set by the Society of Automotive Engineers, ISO, NHTSA, and prestigious universities.
The Instructor Qualification Process requires:
- Successfully complete the Vehicle Dynamics Training Program administered by myself, Joe and Larry.
- Pass a 40 question written test on exercise design and vehicle dynamics
- Design, implement, a scenario based driving exercise, plus develop an objective scoring system for the exercise
- Conduct 600 Hours of documented hands on training under the supervision of Joe and Larry
- Complete an Adult Learning Program
- Complete 100 hours of classroom instruction observed by Joe, Larry or myself
- Research and write a white paper on the application of Vehicle Dynamics in the training process.
- Recertify every 2 years under the supervision of Joe, Larry Side, or myself
If there are any questions, please contact me (Tony Scotti) at email@example.com
This post is from the International Security Driver Association
The International Security Driver Association (ISDA) serves the Protective Services community. ISDA’s mission is to support an international forum of protective service providers who share knowledge for the purpose of enhancing the profession.
The most common question we at ISDA get asked is, “Is ISDA for Security Drivers and Secure Transportation Providers only?” The answer is a big NO. ISDA is a valuable resource for all practitioners working in the protection profession. Members of ISDA represent all facets and levels of the protective services profession as an example.
This is a collection of books and articles authored by ISDA Members.
We have been producing informational newsletters for more than 20 years. This is a small sample of past newsletters.