ISDA provides members precedent setting educational programs.
The ISDA Knowledge Center provides a constant learning environment for ISDA members, with subjects specifically designed for the experienced and inexperienced member, all with the goal of increasing a member’s knowledge and marketability. The educational programs are disseminated via blog posts, recorded webinars, videos, and white papers.
As an example:
- Ambush Lessons Learned
- Best Practices For Armored and Executive Vehicles
- The Business of Security
- Security Driving
- Surveillance Detection
- Excerpts from Tony Scotti’s Executive Safety Book
- Lesser Known Incidents
- Members’ and Recommended Books
- Members’ News
- Protective Services News
- References, Sources
- Executive Vehicle Testing
- Case Histories
The Webinars are free for ISDA members and offered at a fee to nonmembers. Watch free webinars
ISDA White Papers
The ISDA Philosophy of Sharing Knowledge is not a new concept. For more than 40 years, the ISDA team has researched the protective services profession, supplying the community with White Papers that have become standards in the profession. These Papers are free to members. See ROI of a Security Driver.
The ISDA Book Give Away Program, Passing it Forward
As a component of the ISDA continuing education program, we ask ISDA members and associates who are authors and publishers to donate books to the membership. In 2015, ISDA gave away books valued at over $2000 for FREE to its members. See the list of members’ books that were part of the giveaway.
A Road Map to Success
For those who are new to the profession, the road map to success is developing a viable business model. Noted business author Peter Drucker defines a Business Model as the answer to the questions: Who is your customer, what does the customer value, and how you deliver value at an appropriate cost.
ISDA offers educational programs that answer these questions, the answer coming from practitioners with decades of success in the profession. We also conducted a series of Constant Learning Programs (CLP) for both experienced and inexperienced practitioners.
Members periodically receive informative newsletters covering all aspects of the profession. We invite members to contribute articles or information. View the ISDA non-members email newsletter.
Join the International Security Driver Association (ISDA)
ISDA serves the protective services community. The ISDA membership is open to all who have an interest in personal protection.
Whether you are exploring a career in executive protection, honing your expertise, or, you are an established security professional, ISDA is your essential resource for continuing education, benchmark research, and online learning programs, all designed to improve your skill set and advance your business.
ISDA membership enables you to:
- Access benchmark educational, networking, and marketing programs.
- Connect with your colleagues and peers across the globe via the member directory.
- Increase your knowledge and marketability through the precedent-setting education center, research, and online learning programs.
- Be part of a supportive community of like-minded experienced personal protection professionals.
- Obtain Certification to members who meet the requirements. The corporate community accepts the ISDA Certification process for more than 40 years. ISDA certification provides proof of knowledge and skill.