Who We Are
The International Security Driver Association (ISDA) serves the Protective Services community. ISDA’s mission is to support an international forum of protective services providers who share knowledge to enhance the profession.
We are a member-oriented association that serves both the inexperienced and experienced practitioner.
The Experienced Professional
Few, if any, associations represent those who are employed in the profession. We are an association that offers career enhancements to those working in the profession and recognition for their training and experience. Also, for those practitioners who are in positions of responsibility, we ask you to pass it forward by creating clarity in the profession and sharing your knowledge.
The Protective Services Provider
For those who have acquired the skills and knowledge to compete in the marketplace, ISDA has created a platform for such members to use the most powerful and proven marketing tool available – word-of-mouth. ISDA also supplies protective services providers’ business data that will assist them in marketing and operational planning.
Who Are the Members?
Our members are:
- Leaders in the profession
- Have adopted the ISDA philosophy of sharing knowledge
- Represent professionals from all markets within the Executive Protection profession
- Provide diverse perspectives
- Support their peers
- From around the globe
This is a small example of their contribution to the profession:
Who We Are Not
ISDA is not like the majority of bodyguard and other professional associations as we do not:
- Train to obtain a certification
- Supply drivers, EP agents, or
- Secure transportation services
- Promise jobs
In the current professional environment, there is a significant need for an association that has no alliance to training providers, an association that exists only for the mutual enrichment and advancement of their members. An association committed to meeting the needs of the profession.
Security Driving and Executive Protection describe a profession, a job description that defines a skill set needed to save lives. The social media have twisted them into marketing terms with no regard for the skill sets that define the profession. ISDA, through its members, will project a realistic view of the profession.
The Skills Gap
A skills gap is defined as a wide discrepancy between the skills the job market demands and the skills of those seeking work. The gap is created by the new and inexperienced trained in skills that have little or no market value. The goal is to close the Skills Gap through education and awareness.
To Curate Information
We are living in an age of information overload; ISDA goals are to curate information specifically designed to increase member knowledge and marketability. The information is disseminated via blog posts, free online learning, and white papers.
Join the International Security Driver Association
ISDA serves the protective services community. The ISDA membership is open to all with an interest in personal protection.
Whether you are exploring a career in executive protection, honing your expertise, or, you are an established security executive, ISDA is your essential resource for continuing education, benchmark research, and online learning programs, all designed to improve your skill set and advance your business.
ISDA membership enables you to:
- Access benchmark educational, networking, and marketing programs.
- Connect with your colleagues and peers across the globe via the member directory.
- Increase your knowledge and marketability through the precedent-setting education center, research, and online learning programs.
- Be part of a supportive community of like-minded experienced personal protection professionals.
- Obtain Certification to members who meet the requirements. The ISDA Certification process has been accepted by the corporate community for 40 years. ISDA certification provides proof of knowledge and skill.